Board of Directors
The Mountain-Valley EMS Agency Board of Directors consists of a member of the Board of Supervisors from each County within its geographic boundaries of Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Mariposa, and Stanislaus counties. Board members are appointed from their respective counties on an annual basis. Board of Directors meetings are typically held on the second Wednesday of the even-numbered months. Meetings may be rescheduled if a scheduling conflict occurs.
The functions of the Board of Directors are:
- The Board shall hire an Agency Executive Director and an Agency Medical Director. The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Board and is directly responsible to the Board. The Medical Director is responsible to the Executive Director.
- The Board shall create advisory committees, as necessary, to study specific subjects or to carry out assigned tasks or projects, and to bring back reports and recommendations to the Board, or to otherwise carry out the work of the Agency.
- At each regular meeting, the Board shall approve financial reports, review the performance of the Agency, hear reports, and consider any matters that are brought to its attention.
- The Board shall authorize all contracts, fees, equipment purchases, and any unbudgeted expenditures.
- The Board shall approve an annual budget.
- All proposed policies, standards, protocols, and procedures relating to the emergency medical services system shall be approved by the Board before they become official.
- The Board shall adopt policies and procedures relating to Agency operations and personnel matters.