Stanislaus County Emergency Medical Services Committee
The members on the Stanislaus County Emergency Medical Services Committee (EMSC) are appointed by the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors to serve three year terms.
The charge of the committee is to:
- Recommend the optimal EMS dispatch configuration for Stanislaus County.
- Recommend the optimal EMS first response configuration for Stanislaus County.
- Recommend the optimal emergency ambulance service area configuration for Stanislaus County.
- Evaluate the need for policy development pertaining to patient destination, receiving facility capacity and designation, and specialty care.
- Recommend guidelines for the development and maintenance of a coordinated EMS disaster plan.
- Evaluate the existing level(s) for community EMS education.
- Urban City Administrator (> 30,000 Population): 1 Representative
- Rural City Administrato (< 30,000 population): 1 Representative
- County Administrator: 1 Representative
- Fire District Board of Directors Member: 1 Representative
- Hospital District Board of Directors Member: 1 Representative
- Stanislaus County Medical Society – Physician Representative: 1 Representative
- County Public Health/Social Services: 1 Representative
- Managed Care: 2 Representatives
- Non-EMS Affiliated Public Representative: 1 Representative
The EMSC typically meets the second Thursday in the first month of each quarter. Meetings may be rescheduled if scheduling conflicts occur.